Thursday, August 9, 2012

Getting in the groove!

I had a great morning run with Kelley Baker this morning!  We are determined to keep in a routine of running together in the mornings. Granted, 5:30 am is early, but I feel so accomplished by having my workout done already!  I may be ready to crash tonight, but I am excited about our new routine. 

I have been needing a good camera for a while....using my iphone is not ideal in all situations.  So......I pulled the trigger this morning and bought a new Canon.  I haven't had an SLR since my high school yearbook days.  My new one is digital, but I must admit I miss the days of getting to create my own images in a dark room.  There was a lot you could do!  However, I love the convenience of getting to instantly see my pictures.  I just wanted to be able to take some great shots of my family.  I will need lots of practice, but hopefully I will get the hang of it!

“Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?’” – Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian and Sub-2:12 marathon   
 Guess what Kelley? We were STRONG mother runners today!

1 comment:

  1. We did have a great run!
    Congrats on the camera. We'll have to discuss this next run b/c I wonder it it's the same one I have?!
    Yay for STRONG mother runners. My day just seems to be better all around :)

    ReplyDelete