Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pumpkin Patch!

We had quite an eventful weekend at the Miller house.  Briggan stayed the night at Grandma Miller's for the first time on Friday night.  We are doing some trial run nights before we leave for Las Vegas at the end of November.  I am running the Las Vegas Half-Marathon and we will be gone for 4 days.  So, to prepare myself we had to do a trial run.  It was hard on this mommy! Briggan did fine of course, but I bawled as I was driving away.  Todd took me to Antlers in Moscow for supper to try and take my mind off things.  We had a nice evening out.

Saturday morning, I ran a local 5k here in town.  It was a fundraiser for our local animal response team, and dogs were welcome to participate as well.  It was wet, cold, and miserable. My running however, was great!  Once I started running, I warmed up to the perfect temperature.  I was able to hold a nice even pace, and I took second place! I even won a pedicure kit from Avon as a door prize. Score!

Sunday, we went to church. Briggan did so well,  I did not have to take him to nursery! I think he was enthralled with the music.  Sunday afternoon we made a trip to the local pumpkin patch. The sun was starting to peek out from the clouds and it warmed up. We had a great time, and then headed back to town.  We came up on  a rollover accident on the same curve I had my wreck on in 2002.  Talk about deja vu!  Thankfully the young couple were wearing their seatbelts, and were able to walk away!  Praise God for that! We stayed with them until the ambulance and police got there, and then we headed home.   Here are some photos from that trip: 
Mommy and Briggan





The three of us!

Grandma Miller

Grandpa Miller

Briggan has gained lots of speed crawling, and is now pulling up to standing on a lot of things.  I put him in his crib while I ran his bathwater, and this is what I came back to.



Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment