Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Things I can't live without.....beauty related anyway.

I have decided to do another "favorite things" post.  Most of you know that I am not the greatest about always being "done up", but when I do, these are the products I love!

This is hands down the most natural looking self tanner out there.  I have used it on and off for years.  I try other things but I always come back to this.  The brush is great because it keeps your hands clean!  It is a little more expensive than most self tanners, but worth it in my book!

I know, you are wondering why I have this on a beauty post.  Believe it or not, this is the best mattifier and primer for us oily faced gals.  I found out about it during a Youtube makeup video.  I didn't believe it myself until I tried it! You just put in on your face with a cotton ball, after moisturizer, but before your foundation.

My new favorite eyeshadow is the Bare Mineral Ready pallettes.  I have always used Bare Mineral loose powder eyeshadows.  I love that they came out with these! They are much easier to use and travel with, but the color saturation is still as good as before.  My favorite is called "Top Shelf".
This will always be my "go to" foundation.  With oily skin, this is the only foundation that stays put for me.  Love it!

My favorite lipstick will always be Clinique Butter Shine.  It is a hybrid between a gloss and lipstick.  It has great color saturation of a lipstick, but the shine and shimmer of a gloss.  My biggest pet peeve is sticky lip products, and this is not.  It lives up to it's name. It literally feels like butter!



Nars Orgasm blush will be the blush I use forever! It is a perfect blend of peach and pinks, and has enough gold shimmer to make you "glow".  It is a color that looks great on everybody!



I am almost always wearing a ponytail, but these are great for creating all kinds of styles.  My inspiration comes from Youtube! I have really thick, long hair and these two pins can hold a bun in place.  They just twist in, and they can hold my hair all day.  I love using them for a messy side bun.
This is my favorite product for backcombing my hair.  It just takes a little bit, dusted into your roots.  Then it acts as a gripper as you backcomb.  I love BIG hair!  As they say, "the higher the hair, the closer to heaven!"

I hope I didn't bore you to death with my beauty routine! I just love to see what people use and love, and sometimes I venture out and find new things!

Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Laura, I nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award. Here is my post about it:

    http://www.iamannekehn.blogspot.com/2012/10/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you just the way you are ~ made up or not made up. You're lovely inside and that is what really counts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Thanks Anita that is really sweet! Anne, I will check it out!

    ReplyDelete